As the industry leader in institutional cleaning and maintenance chemicals, this family business wants to develop and implement an end-to-end supply chain strategy.
This Guatemalan family business produces institutional cleaning and maintenance chemicals for hot, dirty, labor intensive manufacturing processes that require job-specific cleaning and maintenance chemicals. They produce a broad line of institutional cleaning and maintenance chemicals.
The firm also services the fast growing water treatment segment, working with local municipalities to treat water in Guatemala.
You will help the owners develop and implement an end-to-end supply chain strategy in order to drive operational improvements and enable growth and innovation. You will also analyze their inventory to determine trends and profitability of various products.
Due to their current mismanaged inventory system, the company sees opportunities for updating technology and increasing sales. You will coach the team on practical sales tactics, and defining and honing their elevator pitch—from the sales level up through the management level.
You will spend 4-6 days in beautiful Guatemala. In advance of your trip, Bpeace will facilitate conversations between you and your "client" to agree on the scope of your work in the field. You will have all the information and guidance you need to hit the ground running in Guatemala.
- What you will be doing This Guatemalan family business produces institutional cleaning and maintenance chemicals for hot, dirty, labor intensive manufacturing processes that require job-specific cleaning and maintenance chemicals. They produce a broad line of institutional cleaning and maintenance chemicals.
- Where you will be doing it Guatemala
- You are qualified if you Have 10+ years of supply chain management, inventory management, and/or operations experience; knowledge in the chemicals industry or sales preferred.
- When Between June and September 2018.
- Discovery 8 hours virtually, by phone, email, Skype or GoToMeeting.
- Field Work 4-6 days in Guatemala.
- Follow-up 2 hours per month for up to 3 months.
How much will it cost you?
• Cost of airfare and hotel.
• Tax-deductible membership contribution to Bpeace (starting at $10 a month).
- 1. Copy the url at the top of this page for this volunteer opportunity.
- 2. Sign-up as a Bpeace member and paste the url of this volunteer opportunity.
- 3. You will immediately receive a receipt for your registration, and within 2 business days you will also hear from us to arrange a phone conversation to discuss this opportunity with you.
- PS Our registration form requests the url of your LinkedIn profile so we can learn more about you prior to our phone conversation.