What you will be doing:
The company is a full-service marketing agency that helps clients implement and manage marketing, communication, and advertising strategies to achieve their business goals. They develop and implement marketing solutions, build brand awareness, and evaluate results. They are driven by creativity and excellence.
Growth in recent years has been driven by a small quantity of large projects, but stability requires having a portfolio of clients and pipeline of new projects. As such, the company has established ambitious growth goals for expanding its client base both locally and internationally, which requires strengthened sales, pricing, and negotiation strategies.
The creative leadership team is eager to learn from international experts on how to define clear objectives and bring their business to the next level with an enhanced sales strategy.
As a Bpeace volunteer Skillanthropist, you will use your experience developing and implementing sales strategies to:
- Review and provide input on the business’ overall growth strategy, analyzing their product/service pricing, contract processes, strategic partners, and marketing channels.
- Support the leadership team to optimize sales processes, identify and research target client groups, and strategies for hitting their sales targets.
- Help the company develop an effective sales strategy targeting the Guatemalan market.
- Share best practices on developing and implementing a sales strategy, including managing a sales team.
The impact of your work will help the company stabilize their sales growth so they can continue to create jobs that provide dignity as well as economic stability to their workers and community as a powerful alternative to violence.
Over the course of four to five months you will:
- Provide approximately 5 days of remote consulting advice delivered in time blocks that work with your schedule.
- Validate needs with the company and draft a scope of work. Bpeace staff will facilitate the initial conversations between you and your “client.”
- Advise the company via Zoom video meetings based on a mutually agreed upon schedule.
More jobs are critical in Guatemala right now to help stem the flow of irregular migration. Small and medium businesses account for 60% of the economy. Steady employment provides legitimate alternatives for Guatemalans who would otherwise migrate or pursue illegal activities and gangs. Your advice and expertise will help these businesses create jobs and build a stable future for their workers and communities.
Where you will be doing it:
Remotely with a Bpeace staffer facilitating each consulting session to ensure engagement and continuity.
You are qualified if you:
- Have extensive knowledge in sales, pricing and negotiation, preferably with experience working in a marketing, advertising, or similar industry agency.
- Can apply your experience to helping companies restructure their sales operations and widen their client base.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge of how to meet the needs of clients and best practices in pricing strategy, negotiation, and service delivery.
- Can volunteer approximately 5 days (40 hours) between March and July to be a remote business advisor.
- Harbor passion for business and/or creating jobs in economically fragile Guatemala.
Starting March 2021.
Discovery: 2-4 hours over the first 1-2 weeks
Project Work: 2-4 hours per week for between 12 and 16 weeks (32 hours total)
Follow-up: 1 hour a month for up to 4 months
Please note that this is a volunteer opportunity.