What you will be doing:
This company distributes high-quality vitamins and nutritional supplements including specialized products for children. Their mission is to promote a better quality of life for their clients and educating the public on health and wellness.
The company has experienced sales growth of 70% over the past four years, a trend which has continued into 2020 as customers seek out ways to improve their health during the pandemic. Internet sales in particular have grown substantially. However, streamlining their sales and distribution operations, assembling a strong sales team, and expanding their customer base will be critical to building on their success and to maintaining sustainable growth.
The hands-on CEO and her leadership team understand the need to introduce improved structure and systems within their sales operations and are eager to learn from leading industry experts how to build a stronger team, introduce greater efficiency and continue to grow sustainably.
As a Bpeace volunteer Skillanthropist, you will use your experience developing and implementing sales strategies to:
- Analyze and provide input on the company’s current distribution and marketing channels, helping identify ideal distribution and sales partners.
- Advise the business on developing their ideal portfolio mix of product offerings taking into consideration profitability, market segmentation and distribution
- Help the company develop a new sales team structure, including clear job descriptions, customized sales training, goal setting, performance reviews, and incentive-based compensation.
- Introduce tools and best practices that will help the team optimize day-to-day sales operations (including CRM) and processes and reach sales targets.
The impact of your work will help the company improve their sales strategy so they can continue to create jobs that provide dignity as well as economic stability to their workers and community as a powerful alternative to violence.
Over the course of four to five months you will:
- Provide approximately 5 days of remote consulting advice delivered in time blocks that work with your schedule.
- Validate needs with the company and draft a scope of work. Bpeace staff will facilitate the initial conversations between you and your “client.”
- Advise the company via Zoom video meetings based on a mutually agreed upon schedule.
More jobs are critical in Guatemala right now to help stem the flow of irregular migration. Small and medium businesses account for 60% of the economy. Steady employment provides legitimate alternatives for Guatemalans who would otherwise migrate or pursue illegal activities and gangs. Your advice and expertise will help these businesses create jobs and build a stable future for their workers and communities.
Where you will be doing it:
Remotely with a Bpeace staffer facilitating each consulting session to ensure engagement and continuity.
You are qualified if you:
- Have extensive knowledge of sales and distribution strategies and implementation, preferably having worked as a sales consultant in the vitamin, supplements, health or related industry.
- Can apply your experience to helping businesses make data-driven decisions about their sales operations and restructure their sales teams.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge of how to efficiently manage a sales team and reach sales targets.
- Can volunteer approximately 5 days (40 hours) between March and July to be a remote business advisor.
- Harbor a passion for business and/or creating jobs in economically fragile Guatemala.
Starting March 2021.
Discovery: 2-4 hours over the first 1-2 weeks
Project Work: 2-4 hours per week for between 12 and 16 weeks (32 hours total)
Follow-up: 1 hour a month for up to 4 months
Please note that this is a volunteer opportunity.