What you will be doing:
This second-generation family business has extensive experience in the manufacturing and installation of curtains, blinds, and other window coverings. They provide innovative solutions, combining technology and artisanal processes to meet client needs and increase product value.
Over the years, the business has been driven by personal relationships combined with the introduction of new products and services. However, in recent years sales volumes have been inconsistent and the company needs to reevaluate and improve its sales and distribution strategy with the goal of expanding its customer base.
The brother and sister leadership team have a strong vision for the future of the company with new ideas to help the business evolve and grow. They are eager to learn from experts on their sales strategies and how to define clear objectives for the business.
As a Bpeace volunteer Skillanthropist, you will use your experience developing and implementing sales strategies to:
- Review and provide input on the business’ current sales strategy, analyzing their distribution, strategic partners, and marketing channels.
- Support the leadership team to optimize sales processes by developing an optimal sales team configuration with the appropriate compensation structure, sales targets, recruiting processes, and performance evaluation.
- Help the company define a sales rep program including training, expectations, goal setting, and engagement strategies for improved staff retention.
- Share best practices on developing and implementing a sales strategy.
The impact of your work will help the company improve their competitiveness so they can continue to create jobs that provide dignity as well as economic stability to their workers and community as a powerful alternative to violence.
Over the course of four to five months you will:
- Provide approximately 5 days of remote consulting advice delivered in time blocks that work with your schedule.
- Validate needs with the company and draft a scope of work. Bpeace staff will facilitate the initial conversations between you and your “client.”
- Advise the company via Zoom video meetings based on a mutually agreed upon schedule.
More jobs are critical in Guatemala right now to help stem the flow of irregular migration. Small and medium businesses account for 60% of the economy. Steady employment provides legitimate alternatives for Guatemalans who would otherwise migrate or pursue illegal activities and gangs. Your advice and expertise will help these businesses create jobs and build a stable future for their workers and communities.
Where you will be doing it:
Remotely with a Bpeace staffer facilitating each consulting session to ensure engagement and continuity.
You are qualified if you:
- Have extensive experience in sales and distribution, preferably with knowledge of the window coverings, home décor, or related industries.
- Can apply your experience to helping companies analyze and restructure their sales operations and integrate CRM programs and data-driven decision-making into sales and distribution activities.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge of how to meet the needs of clients and best practices in service delivery.
- Can volunteer approximately 5 days (40 hours) between March and July to be a remote business advisor.
- Harbor passion for business and/or creating jobs in economically fragile Guatemala.
Starting March 2021.
Discovery: 2-4 hours over the first 1-2 weeks
Project Work: 2-4 hours per week for between 12 and 16 weeks (32 hours total)
Follow-up: 1 hour a month for up to 4 months
Please note that this is a volunteer opportunity.