Recycling Business Strategy Expert
This company is the recycling management industry leader in El Salvador. The opportunity is huge, with a vast majority of the population throwing away items that can be reused. Waste has also become a critical issue in El Salvador, driving health problems and littering the streets.
In terms of collection, the business relies heavily on the informal sector to pick up recyclable materials and bring them to a centralized location. The business needs a more systematic way of acquiring these items to improve efficiency while properly educating the Salvadoran population on how to recycle.
The brother and sister leadership team is eager to learn from leading industry experts on how to implement global best practices, cement their leadership position, and create more employment opportunities in El Salvador.
You will use your recycling business strategy experience to streamline operations, standardize product acquisition, and help educate the population about the benefits of recycling through focused marketing and public relations efforts.
You will support Jessica and team to make a difference for the Salvadoran people. Your knowledge and skills will help the company accelerate their growth and create jobs that provide dignity as well as economic stability as a powerful alternative to violence.
Over the course of five months you will:
- Provide 12 days of consulting advice both remotely and in person.
- At first, communicate remotelly to jointly create and start implementing a scope of work. Bpeace staff will stimulate the initial conversations between you and your "client."
- Then, travel to El Salvador for several days to visit the logistics operation and work one-on-one with the team.
More jobs are critical in El Salvador right now to help stem the flow of irregular migration. Small and medium businesses account for 60% of the economy. Steady employment provides legitimate alternatives for Salvadorans who would otherwise migrate, or pursue illegal activities and gangs. Your advice and expertise will help these businesses create jobs and build a stable future for their workers and communities.
- What you will be doing This family owned business is focused on improving the quality of life for all Salvadorans through recycling. They need an industry expert to guide them with their growth and marketing strategy to increase revenues and add to the existing 120 Salvadoran employees.
- Where you will be doing it El Salvador
- You are qualified if you
- Have experience in the waste management industry, specifically recycling.
- Can apply your expertise in growth strategy, process improvement, public relations and marketing.
- Are able to volunteer approximately 12 days in 2019 to be a remote and in-person business mentor.
- International experience in business expansion and working with multinational organizations.
- Harbor a passion for business, creating jobs in economically fragile El Salvador.
- When Starting May 2019
- Discovery 8 hours remotely by Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp
- Field Work 5 days in El Salvador
- Follow-up 8 hours a month for up to 6 months
- How much will it cost you?
Tax-deductible membership contribution to Bpeace (starting at $10 a month).
- Some travel costs (Bpeace pays for your airfare and hotel).