Product and Brand Analysis Expert
This business started when the father saw a need for affordable, high quality meat products in El Salvador. Many Salvadorans grew up eating these products and the brand continues to have a loyal customer base. The company employs 350 Salvadorans, 46% of whom are women.
The company is now managed by the founder’s son, Juan. He has identified growth opportunities by balancing their product mix, rebranding existing packaging and adjusting distribution points. The business is poised to grow, increase sales and create more jobs for Salvadorans.
You will use your expertise in product analysis, market research and package branding. The impact of your work will improve efficiency and product delivery. Your knowledge and skills will help this dynamic team accelerate growth and create jobs that provide dignity and economic stability.
Over the course of five months you will:
- Provide approximately 12 days of consulting advice both remotely and in person.
- Initially communicate remotely to shape and start implementing a scope of work. Bpeace staff will stimulate the initial conversations between you and your “client.”
- Subsequently travel to El Salvador for several days to work with the leadership team.
More jobs are critical in El Salvador right now to help stem the flow of irregular migration. Small and medium businesses account for 60% of the economy. Steady employment provides legitimate alternatives for Salvadorans who would otherwise migrate, or pursue illegal activities and gangs. Your advice and expertise will help these businesses create jobs and build a stable future for their workers and communities.
- What you will be doing A family-owned food products manufacturer in El Salvador needs a detailed product analysis and rebrand of their core products to expand their business.
- Where you will be doing it El Salvador
- You are qualified if you
- Can apply extensive knowledge of branding, market analysis, and product evaluation in the food industry.
- Are able to use your diverse business background with research and data management skills.
- Can volunteer approximately 12 days in 2019 to be a remote and in-person business advisor.
- Have international experience in business expansion and working with multinational companies.
- Harbor a passion for business and creating jobs in economically fragile El Salvador.
- When Starting April 2019
- Discovery 8 hours remotely by Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp
- Field Work 5 days in El Salvador
- Follow-up 8 hours a month for up to 6 months
- How much will it cost you?
Tax-deductible membership contribution to Bpeace (starting at $10 a month).
- Some travel costs (Bpeace pays for your airfare and hotel).