Pharmaceutical Process Improvement Expert
This company provides Salvadorans with affordable, high-quality locally-produced pharmaceuticals as an alternative to the large, multi-national product offering. The family-owned business a trusted reputation in El Salvador, and they are looking to expand regionally.
They are currently operating with one shift and are hesitant to implement a second shift before they improve upon existing production processes. Streamlining their current processes will allow the business to grow and increase profitability.
This Salvador-based leadership team of two brothers are eager to learn from leading industry experts on how to optimize operations and become more efficient.
As a Bpeace volunteer, you will use your pharmaceutical process improvement experience to:
- Analyze and enhance production planning and setup.
- Forecast industry trends and seasonality to improve production planning.
- Help the team define metrics so they can standardize processes.
- Guide the implementation of improved production processes.
The impact of your work will reduce costs and increase sales so the Salvadorans can create jobs that provide dignity as well as economic stability as a powerful alternative to violence.
Over the course of three months you will:
- Provide approximately 8 days of remote consulting advice delivered in time chunks that work with your schedule.
- Validate needs with the company and draft a scope of work. Bpeace staff will facilitate the initial conversations between you and your “client.”
- Advise the company via video Zoom meetings based on mutually agreed upon schedule.
More jobs are critical in El Salvador right now to help stem the flow of irregular migration. Small and medium businesses account for 60% of the economy. Steady employment provides legitimate alternatives for Salvadorans who would otherwise migrate or pursue illegal activities and gangs. Your advice and expertise will help these businesses create jobs and build a stable future for their workers and communities.
- What you will be doing Consult remotely for an NGO in El Salvador
- Where you will be doing it Remotely with a Bpeace staffer facilitating each consulting session to ensure engagement and continuity.
- You are qualified if you
- Have extensive knowledge of production and process improvement in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Can apply your experience to improve operational efficiency.
- Enjoy creating standard operating procedures and maximizing profitability.
- Can volunteer approximately 8 days between May and July to be a remote business advisor.
- Harbor passion for business and/or creating jobs in economically fragile El Salvador.
- When Starting May 2020
- Commitment Please note that this is a volunteer opportunity.
- Discovery 6 hours remotely by Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp
- Project Work: 2-8 hours per week for up to 10 weeks (40 hours total)
- Follow-up 1 hour a month for up to 4 months
- How much will it cost you? • Tax-deductible membership fee to Bpeace (starting at $30 per 6 months).