Luxury Brand Expansion Strategist
Established in 2004, Nada G, is a successful mid-range luxury jewelry brand sold in four outlets in Lebanon. Nada Ghazal is now ready to expand her iconic designs into European markets, with her eyes on Paris to start.
You will use your relevant experience to help Nada develop and implement an expansion strategy including addressing questions such as…Is Paris the right place to start? What are the most cost effective distribution channels? How should she tweak her branding for the international market? What is the best messaging for both on and offline marketing?
Over the course of six months you will:
- Provide 10 days of consulting advice both remotely and in person.
- At first, communicate remotely to jointly create and start implementing a scope of work. A facilitator from Bpeace or Endeavor will stimulate the initial conversations between you and your “client.”
- Then, travel to Beirut for several days to visit Nada’s manufacturing facility and work one-on-one with her team..
Nada employs 14 in-house designers and jewelers and expanding into Europe will create more demand, and more employment for Lebanese. More jobs are critical right now because generations of political instability have been exacerbated by the influx of 1.5 million Syrian refugees.
Among the few bright spots in the economy are the small and medium sized businesses, like Nada G, that employ 80% of the country’s workforce--but they’re under pressure. Bpeace is partnering with local NGO Endeavor Lebanon to create quality jobs and inspire future generations of Lebanese.
- What you will be doing Advise a female jewelry designer in Lebanon, as she seeks to expand her iconic designs into European markets, with her eyes on Paris to start.
- Where you will be doing it Lebanon
- You are qualified if you
- Have introduced a luxury brand, ideally jewelry, into a European market.
- Are current with jewelry trends and markets or have connections to people who have that knowledge.
- Can introduce Nada to various distribution channels.
- Will develop ideas for how traditional Lebanese design can best appeal to European customers.
- Can volunteer approximately 10 days in 2019 to be a remote and in-person business mentor.
- Harbor a passion for business, elevating women owned businesses, and/or creating jobs in economically fragile Lebanon.
- When Starting March 2019
- Discovery 8 hours remotely by Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp
- Field Work 4-5 days in Lebanon
- Follow-up 8 hours a month for up to 6 months
- How much will it cost you?
Cost of airfare and hotel.
- Tax-deductible membership contribution to Bpeace (starting at $10 a month).