WE ARE HIRING:
BPEACE U.S. Program Manager
The U.S. Program Manager oversees and implements programs designed to serve a portfolio of minority and women-owned small businesses in the United States.
This position is directly responsible for managing and executing an existing project workplan for Bpeace’s U.S. Jobs Maximizer—a program serving 17 minority and women-owned small businesses in North Carolina and Georgia.
U.S. Jobs Maximizer connects these business owners with Bpeace volunteer business experts who provide advisory that results in revenue growth and local job creation.
The successful U.S. Program Manager:
- Will have knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities facing minority-owned businesses.
- Is adept at project management and building and managing relationships with businesses, volunteers, program partners, and funders.
- Will use their business and economic development experience to successfully implement program activities to deliver impact through business growth, job creation, and expanding the economic power of women.
- Will take the time to understand Bpeace’s model, then deploy Bpeace proprietary tools, frameworks and methodologies to ensure that businesses remain engaged and invigorated, and volunteers feel the value of their impact.
- Contributes to program assessment and suggests modifications and innovations to add value to the business and volunteer experience.
This position is responsible for building a network of stakeholders to support the program; this includes businesses, volunteers, and donors, and actively participates in donor proposal development and reporting.
Bpeace delivers multiple project-based programs internationally. The U.S. Program Manager may be assigned to support other Bpeace programs as needed.
Bpeace is the leading community of high-impact job creators, operating in crisis-affected communities to grow small and medium-size businesses, create significant employment for all, and expand the economic power of women. More jobs mean less violence.®
Bpeace currently provides business advisory services to entrepreneurs in El Salvador, Guatemala, Lebanon and to minority-owned businesses in the U.S. More than 60% of the businesses Bpeace advises globally are women-owned or led.
The Bpeace model unites high-quality business consulting by volunteers (Skillanthropists) with proven and promising local business leaders (Fast Runners) to help them break through the barriers to growth and job creation.
More than 41,000 family members in four countries are supported by 10,500+ Fast Runner employees. The Bpeace model produces substantial and sustainable change. Small and medium-size businesses that participate in Bpeace programs over-perform their local economies.
Bpeace has a bench of 400+ Skillanthropist volunteer business experts from companies including Amazon, Barclays, Estee Lauder, ExCo Group, FrontierView, IBM, IPG Health, Nike, PwC, Trusted Media, and ZS Associates, as well as independent consultants.
The Bpeace model has been validated through 19+ years of successful engagements with small and medium-size businesses in more than seven countries across a broad range of political systems and cultures.
Nicholas Kristof of the New York Times has said: “Bpeace is one impressive force for change.”
WHAT IS THE U.S. JoBS MAXIMIZER PROGRAM?
Jobs Maximizer is a partnership between Bpeace and AEO and powered by Truist Foundation. This 10-month program is a highly competitive opportunity that provides minority-owned businesses access to a diverse community of small business owners and seasoned business professionals who collaborate on business growth strategies that increase revenue and create more jobs. Bpeace volunteer business experts offer businesses personalized advisory that inspires business owners and leadership teams to imagine what is possible and develop strategies to achieve their vision. We use practical tools offered by vetted professionals with proven experience in their field – be it marketing, finance, sales, strategy, process improvement or employee engagement.
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT THIS POSITION
The U.S. Program Manager ensures a positive, valuable experience for each Jobs Maximizer business and volunteer, and is a key Bpeace team member. The following summarizes this position’s key responsibilities.
Business recruitment and relationship management:
- Proactively build impactful relationships with businesses in the U.S. Jobs Maximizer program, identify and match businesses with Bpeace volunteers and ensure each business is on track to achieve goals through each phase of the program.
- Seek ways to understand each business’s unique challenges and collaborate with the Bpeace team and volunteers to develop solutions.
- Encourage participation on Bpeace Connect—our online platform that fosters dialogue and idea-sharing among the Bpeace community of volunteers and businesses, and suggest other opportunities to reinforce networking and community-building.
- Actively contribute to the development and execution of Bpeace’s funder/partner engagement strategy for the U.S. program.
- Contribute to, support, and execute the U.S. Jobs Maximizer program to drive job creation and the economic empowerment of women.
- Responsible for oversight and quality assurance of all program delivery, ensuring programs are adapted to the country and cultural context.
- Manage and build the relationships between businesses and volunteers to ensure best-in-class service and experience.
- Use the Salesforce CRM for data collection and reporting.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications Manager to define local Bpeace awareness and program-based marketing campaigns.
- Proactively engage with businesses and volunteers on Bpeace Connect.
Volunteer recruitment and relationship management:
- Proactively build impactful relationships with volunteers with the goal of deepening their connection with the Bpeace community and creating meaningful experiences.
- Lead the matching and deployment of volunteers for businesses in your portfolio during all phases of the program.
Culture and team:
- Project management that reflects Bpeace’s culture and ethos.
- Ensure that the program policies and processes foster diversity, equity and inclusion amongst team members, volunteers and businesses.
Compliance and impact:
- Work closely with our CPO to ensure all compliance and reporting requirements are met for your designated program.
Leverage analytical skills and attention to detail to monitor and evaluate key metrics.
- Continuously looks for opportunities for optimization/simplification of processes, systems, and solutions.
- Knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities facing minority-owned businesses.
- Self-directed and proven ability to excel in providing project management and support services while working independently to implement project activities.
- Technology savvy; 3+ years’ experience and fluency in Salesforce or a similar CRM, Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel; and Dropbox, Zoom, Doodle, or G-Suite scheduling tools.
- Interest in having a lasting social and economic impact on U.S. communities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; extensive cross-cultural awareness to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Empathetic and Compassionate. Genuinely seeks to understand and respect others’ perspectives and emotions; encourages a culture of compassion, empathy, and support within and beyond Bpeace.
- Concise and compelling business writer.
- Proven project management skills; resourceful, organized, and excellent attention to detail.
- A wide professional network that can be leveraged to identify and recruit Bpeace volunteers, partners, and donors.
- Committed to a continuous feedback loop to analyze what’s working or not; adjust and advance.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills; demonstrated trust-building skills, as well as the ability to motivate and inspire.
- Ability to travel to visit businesses and other stakeholders in the U.S. and occasional international travel.
- 5+ years’ experience with business, consulting, or small and medium enterprise development.
- Proven track record of project management and hands-on program implementation experience.
- Experience working remotely or in a virtual setting is a plus.
With headquarters based in the U.S., Bpeace is a remote organization, no office is provided. The majority of your day is spent utilizing a computer and technology to communicate with Bpeace staff, partners, businesses, and volunteers.
REMOTE WORK TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must have full work-day access to a hi-speed Internet connection, a functioning web camera, and a computer that supports the most recent stable version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Microsoft Edge Chromium.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience to email@example.com. We will contact you as soon as possible if we feel there is a suitable match and would like to schedule an interview.
Bpeace actively works to create an environment that encourages and fosters appropriate conduct among all persons and respect for individual values. We are committed to equal employment and volunteer opportunity without regard to age, ancestry, disability, national or ethnic origin, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, political belief, or veteran status. We recruit, develop and retain talent excited about building a community where we are all proud to belong.