Healthcare Operations Expert
This family’s father first saw the need for healthcare during the Salvadoran civil war in the 1980s. He then identified an opportunity to purchase a hospital to meet the increasing health needs of Salvadorans.
Today the hospital is managed by his son and daughter who embrace the concept of providing high quality, affordable care. They recently expanded the hospital by launching a new state-of-the-art surgical center for physicians to better serve patients. The company employs 160 Salvadorans, 63% of whom are women.
You will use your health-care operational experience to establish procedures and develop a seamless and consistent treatment experience. The impact of your work will lead to increased efficiency and standard operating procedures. Your knowledge and skills will help this dynamic team improve patient care, accelerate growth and create more jobs for Salvadorans.
Over the course of five months you will:
- Provide approximately 12 days of consulting advice both remotely and in person.
- Initially communicate remotely to shape and start implementing a scope of work. Bpeace staff will stimulate the initial conversations between you and your “client.”
- Subsequently travel to El Salvador for several days to work with the leadership team.
More jobs are critical in El Salvador right now to help stem the flow of irregular migration. Small and medium businesses account for 60% of the economy. Steady employment provides legitimate alternatives for Salvadorans who would otherwise migrate, or pursue illegal activities and gangs. Your advice and expertise will help these businesses create jobs and build a stable future for their workers and communities.
- What you will be doing A family-owned Salvadoran hospital with 160 employees requires operational efficiency and organizational development improvements.
- Where you will be doing it El Salvador
- You are qualified if you
- Can use your extensive knowledge to improve operational efficiency and customer experience in healthcare.
- Enjoy creating standard operating procedures and increasing profitability.
- Can volunteer approximately 12 days in 2019 to be a remote and in-person business advisor.
- Harbor a passion for business and creating jobs in economically fragile El Salvador.
- When Starting April 2019
- Discovery 8 hours remotely by Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp
- Field Work 5 days in El Salvador
- Follow-up 8 hours a month for up to 6 months
- How much will it cost you?
Tax-deductible membership contribution to Bpeace (starting at $10 a month).
- Some travel costs (Bpeace pays for your airfare and hotel).