Franchise Operations Expert
The innovative leadership team has revolutionized the fitness industry in El Salvador, offering a high quality gym at an affordable cost, making it accessible for all Salvadorans. The company has identified an opportunity to franchise their gym throughout Central America. The window of opportunity is closing, with global gym chains starting to enter the market.
To pursue this growth strategy and scale effectively, the company needs to optimize operations and enhance existing processes. Using a standardized process for purchasing, workflow, communication, and cost reduction this business can increase profitability and generate additional revenues.
The business is eager to learn from leading industry experts on how to implement global best practices, replicate their business model, and create more employment opportunities in El Salvador.
You will use your operations experience to eliminate inefficiency in company processes, reduce operating expenses, and increase customer satisfaction. You will also support Mauricio and his team in defining metrics to help them standardize their processes and become more efficient.
The impact of your work with the company will lead to increased sales, profitability and efficiency. Your knowledge and skills will help the company accelerate their growth and create jobs that provide dignity as well as economic stability as a powerful alternative to violence.
Over the course of five months you will:
- Provide approximately 12 days of consulting advice both remotely and in person.
- At first, communicate remotelly to jointly create and start implementing a scope of work. Bpeace staff will stimulate the initial conversations between you and your "client."
- Then, travel to El Salvador for several days to visit the logistics operation and work one-on-one with the team.
More jobs are critical in El Salvador right now to help stem the flow of irregular migration. Small and medium businesses account for 60% of the economy. Steady employment provides legitimate alternatives for Salvadorans who would otherwise migrate, or pursue illegal activities and gangs. Your advice and expertise will help these businesses create jobs and build a stable future for their workers and communities.
- What you will be doing A gym franchise that offers fun, safe, and affordable fitness options for all Salvadorans has expanded to six locations and 130 employees. To grow at a regional level, the business needs to improve existing processes and streamline operations to increase overall profitability.
- Where you will be doing it El Salvador
- You are qualified if you
- Can apply your diverse operations experience to improve existing processes and increase efficiency.
- Have experience in franchise management and international growth strategies.
- Enjoy creating standard operating procedures and maximizing profitability.
- Can volunteer approximately 12 days in 2019 to be a remote and in-person business advisor.
- Harbor passion for business and/or creating jobs in economically fragile El Salvador.
- When Starting May 2019
- Discovery 8 hours remotely by Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp
- Field Work 5 days in El Salvador
- Follow-up 8 hours a month for up to 6 months
- How much will it cost you?
Tax-deductible membership contribution to Bpeace (starting at $10 a month).
- Some travel costs (Bpeace pays for your airfare and hotel).