This cafeteria-style restaurant prepares home-style foods from scratch. They have one location in a commercial area and want to open new locations in similar buildings or office parks and be the outsourced cafeteria provider to corporations. This is a family owned and operated business.
To increase their market share, they know they need to operate efficiently, better understand the tastes and demands of consumers, decrease menu offerings, reduce costs and standardize their processes.
You with help them with continuous improvement of processes that cover people, suppliers, equipment, materials, and procedures; and develop a program to reduce errors, lower costs, save time, and improve customer satisfaction.
You will spend 4-6 days in beautiful Guatemala. In advance of your trip, Bpeace will facilitate conversations between you and your "client" to agree on the scope of your work in the field. You will have all the information and guidance you need to hit the ground running in Guatemala.
- What you will be doing This cafeteria-style restaurant prepares home-style foods from scratch. They have one location in a commercial area and want to open new locations in similar buildings or office parks and be the outsourced cafeteria provider to corporations. This is a family owned and operated business.
- Where you will be doing it Guatemala
- You are qualified if you Have 10+ years of food service operations, process and supply chain experience.
- When Between February and May 2018.
- Discovery 8 hours virtually, by phone, email, Skype or GoToMeeting.
- Field Work 4-6 days in Guatemala.
- Follow-up 2 hours per month for up to 3 months.
How much will it cost you?
• Cost of airfare and hotel.
• Tax-deductible membership contribution to Bpeace (starting at $10 a month).
- 1. Copy the url at the top of this page for this volunteer opportunity.
- 2. Sign-up as a Bpeace member and paste the url of this volunteer opportunity.
- 3. You will immediately receive a receipt for your registration, and within 2 business days you will also hear from us to arrange a phone conversation to discuss this opportunity with you.
- PS Our registration form requests the url of your LinkedIn profile so we can learn more about you prior to our phone conversation.