What you will be doing:
This business is an industry provider of office solutions, strategic communications, and information technology with capabilities to support businesses nationwide. Their primary focus is to improve workflow capabilities of small and large businesses, and as they grow continue creating lasting value to all of the companies and people they collaborate with.
The business owner and his team are eager to learn from leading experts about developing a strategic plan, analyzing new service offerings, and defining strategic goals and objectives that will enable the business to grow in a sustainable manner.
As a Bpeace volunteer Skillanthropist, you will use your expertise in strategic planning and new market expansion strategies to:
- Refine the business concept and form a vision of where this organization needs to be directed.
- Transform the mission into specific outcome objectives to achieve its goals and purposes, adapting to the environment and transforming obstacles into opportunities.
- Analyze the company’s current business model and identify the most viable service offering and potential new markets.
- Help the leadership team develop its growth strategy.
- Set high-level goals.
- Help the leadership team develop a road map to ensure growth strategy implementation.
The impact of your work will increase the company’s ability to survive and thrive despite the residual effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, so that they can continue to scale and provide job opportunities for the local community.
Over the course of four months, you will:
- Provide approximately 4 days of remote consulting advice delivered in time chunks that work with your schedule.
- Validate needs with the company and draft a scope of work. Bpeace staff will facilitate the initial conversations between you and your “client.”
- Advise the company via Zoom video meetings based on a mutually agreed upon schedule.
More jobs are critical in El Salvador right now to help stem the flow of irregular migration. Small and medium businesses account for 60% of the economy. Steady employment provides legitimate alternatives for Salvadorans who would otherwise migrate or pursue illegal activities and gangs. Your advice and expertise will help these businesses create jobs and build a stable future for their workers and communities.
Black, minority and women-owned businesses, who were already facing systemic and institutional barriers, have been disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. There are more than 30 million small businesses in the U.S., and they are a driving force in its economy. Furthermore, steady employment is a key factor in one’s health, economic wellbeing, and future prospects. Your advice and expertise will help these businesses create jobs and build a stable future for their workers and communities.
Where you will be doing it:
Remotely with a Bpeace staffer facilitating each consulting session to ensure engagement and continuity.
You are qualified if you:
Have extensive knowledge of strategic planning within the construction industry. Ideally have a background as either a construction management executive or an operator of a successful construction business.
Can apply your experience to helping a rapidly growing company improve their structure and processes and be ready for continued market expansion.
Enjoy sharing your knowledge in the area of strategic planning.
Can volunteer approximately 4 days (32 hours) between September and December to be a remote business advisor.
Harbor passion for business and/or creating jobs in economically fragile areas of the United States
Starting September 2021
Discovery: 2-4 hours over the first 1-2 weeks
Project Work: 2-4 hours per week for between 8 and 16 weeks (32 hours total).
Follow-up: 1 hour a month for up to 4 months
Please note that this is a volunteer opportunity.