WE ARE HIRING:
BPEACE PROGRAM MANAGERS
Bpeace is accepting applications for two (2) remote, full-time Program Manager positions. One position is based in El Salvador and one in Guatemala.
THESE ARE 12-MONTH INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR POSITIONS. HIRING IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING.
Bpeace’s Program Managers have a generalist understanding of how business grows through market access, process improvement, marketing, and employee engagement. They are comfortable working across cultures, connecting people of diverse backgrounds around a common goal.
The Business Council for Peace (Bpeace) is an award-winning nonprofit that operates in crisis-affected communities to grow small and medium-size businesses, create significant employment for all, and expand the economic power of women. More jobs mean less violence.®
Bpeace currently provides business advisory services to entrepreneurs in El Salvador, Guatemala, Lebanon and to minority-owned businesses in the U.S. More than 60% of the businesses Bpeace advises globally are women owned or led.
The Bpeace model unites high quality business consulting by volunteers (Skillanthropists) with proven and promising local business leaders (Fast Runners) to help them break through the barriers to growth and job creation.
More than 41,000 family members in four countries are supported by 10,500+ Fast Runner employees. Through the strong partnerships Bpeace has forged with the Argidius Foundation and USAID, and the continuous improvement of our job creation services Maximizer and Women Forward,
Bpeace is on a glide path to doubling the number of families we can impact.
Bpeace is hiring business-savvy, mission focused, task-oriented professionals interested in making a lasting impact on communities where jobs can lift families and communities.
As a Program Manager, you are part of an international program team charged with the implementation and excellence of the pro bono consulting and advisory services that we offer owners of small and growing businesses in crisis-affected communities—we call these businesses Fast Runners.
The Program Manager will execute existing workplans for businesses in either Guatemala or El Salvador. The Program Manager is instrumental in building relationships with Fast Runner businesses and Bpeace volunteers, and uses their business and economic development experience to oversee and then successfully implement program activities to deliver impact through business growth, job creation, and expanding the economic power of women.
The outcome of your work will be stronger, sustainable businesses that create jobs for Salvadorans or Guatemalans, and a consistently positive brand identity for Bpeace.
As a Program Manager, you are the main point of contact for Fast Runner businesses and will guide their experience deploying Bpeace proprietary tools, frameworks and methodologies to ensure they remain engaged and invigorated. Your role is crucial to defining their success.
Specifically, you will:
- Recruit businesses to apply for the program and conduct follow-up to ensure the application is completed.
- Collaborate with the in-country team and Bpeace HQ to select program participants.
- Manage the Fast Runner Journey for the duration of the program and work directly with each Fast Runner business to implement their specific growth plan and achieve their business goals.
- Participate in drafting marketing and communication materials as needed.
- Proactively build impactful relationships with volunteers with the goal of deepening their connection with the Bpeace community and creating meaningful volunteer experiences.
- Work with Bpeace HQ to develop volunteer descriptions and lead the matching and deployment of volunteers for businesses in your portfolio during all phases of the program.
- Identify PR opportunities to showcase the Fast Runners and Bpeace’s work in the region.
- Assist the Impact Manager in collecting and reporting qualitative and quantitative data on Fast Runner and volunteer engagements, Fast Runner progress, and Bpeace impact.
- Self-directed with exceptional relationship-building and project management skills; resourceful, organized, and excellent attention to detail.
- Excels at presenting information and communicating effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Extremely flexible, with the ability to cope with diverse situations.
- Appreciation for the role data and metrics play.
- Interest in having a lasting social and economic impact on crisis-affected communities.
- Strong sense of adventure, creativity, curiosity, and possibility in pushing forward boundaries in measuring and communicating impact.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, International Development and/or in a relevant field of study.
- Business background with experience working in the private sector or experience in local SME economic development program implementation.
- Comfortable working remotely on Zoom and Slack with little to no interaction in person with the rest of the Bpeace team.
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and English with excellent English writing skills.
- Familiarity with local governmental institutions, and other NGOs.
- Technology savvy; experience and fluency in Salesforce or a similar CRM, Microsoft office, with an emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel; Dropbox, Zoom, and Doodle or G-Suite Scheduling tools.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Driver’s license and car appropriate to transport international experts when necessary.
- With headquarters based in the U.S., Bpeace is a remote organization, no office is provided.
- The majority of your day is spent utilizing a computer and technology to communicate with international Bpeace staff, Fast Runner businesses and volunteer Skillanthropists.
REMOTE WORK TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must have full work-day access to a hi-speed Internet connection, a functioning web camera and computer that supports the most recent stable version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Microsoft Edge Chromium.
Competitive Daily Rate
HOW TO APPLY
Bpeace actively works to create an environment that encourages and fosters appropriate conduct among all persons and respect for individual values. We are committed to equal employment and volunteer opportunity without regard to age, ancestry, disability, national or ethnic origin, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, political belief, or veteran status. We recruit, develop and retain talent excited about building a community where we're all proud to belong.