WE ARE HIRING:
BPEACE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Bpeace is accepting applications for two (2) remote, full-time Program Coordinator positions. One position is based in El Salvador and one in Guatemala.
THESE ARE 12-MONTH INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR POSITIONS. HIRING FOR THE PROGRAM COORDINATOR IN GUATEMALA IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING.
Bpeace’s Program Coordinator has a love of business and business people, stays up to date with current international news, and seeks out and adopts the latest technology.
Does this sound like you? Then we need you—to support all aspects of Bpeace’s program delivery, keep us looking good and delivering excellence.
The Business Council for Peace (Bpeace) is an award-winning nonprofit that operates in crisis-affected communities to grow small and medium-size businesses, create significant employment for all, and expand the economic power of women. More jobs mean less violence.®
Bpeace currently provides business advisory services to entrepreneurs in El Salvador, Guatemala, Lebanon and to minority-owned businesses in the U.S. More than 60% of the businesses Bpeace advises globally are women owned or led.
The Bpeace model unites high quality business consulting by volunteers (Skillanthropists) with proven and promising local business leaders (Fast Runners) to help them break through the barriers to growth and job creation.
More than 41,000 family members in four countries are supported by 10,500+ Fast Runner employees. Through the strong partnerships Bpeace has forged with the Argidius Foundation and USAID, and the continuous improvement of our job creation services Maximizer and Women Forward,
Bpeace is on a glide path to doubling the number of families we can impact.
Bpeace’s “Programs” are services we deliver to small and medium-size business owners (we call Fast Runners) in El Salvador, Guatemala, Lebanon, and the U.S. These customized consulting services include structured schedules of interviews, webinars and private advisory sessions. Each service usually has an underlying Word, Excel or PPT document related to it. The people who deliver these services are business experts who volunteer with us—we call them Skillanthropists. Each program staff member in each country is like an orchestra conductor making sure everyone is working in harmony and doing what they need to do at the right time and at the right place.
The Program Coordinator plays a key role in scheduling Fast Runners, Skillanthropists and staff for various Zoom meetings; preparing the related documents and insuring they are well formatted, clearly written, and translated from and to Spanish when necessary.
The ideal candidate for this position won’t wait to be directed what to do, but will take initiative to suggest and perform to support the planning and coordinating of program activities.
THIS ROLE CHANGES DAILY AND THE PROGRAM COORDINATOR WILL TOUCH A WIDE ARRAY OF OUR WORK.
Specifically, the Program Coordinator will:
- Organize and coordinate logistics for a myriad of remote and (when possible) in- person meetings, briefings, consulting sessions, roundtables, dialogues and international exchanges.
- Coordinate schedules and ensure the necessary meeting functionalities are enabled in Zoom, Slack, Doodle, Bpeace Connect (our private online community) or any meeting/communication system being used.
- Communicate with stakeholders to convey meeting reminders, follow-up on payments, invoices, orders and membership information.
- Produce materials including Word, Excel and PPT docs for use during meetings, workshops, presentations and other events.
- Monitor the Program staff’s updating of Salesforce and coordinate and support program specific record-keeping and database management in Salesforce.
- Draft information to be included in reports to funders and grant applications.
- Proofread various documents for language and meeting the Bpeace style guide.
- Provide administrative support to Bpeace staff and volunteer Skillanthropists when they advise Fast Runners.
- Update and maintain a Program Operations Calendar.
- Structured and systematic professional--you’re an expert at knowing your own systems and how you work best!
- Organized and detailed--your organizational skills and detail orientation are your strengths that allow you to fit a wide variety of different tasks in your day.
- Resourceful problem solver--even with the best laid plans, you know that life throws curve balls! You don’t sweat it when the unexpected comes up, and you know how to create a thoughtful plan of action when the situation calls for it.
- Excellent judgement--throughout your day to day, you may be asked to make many critical decisions.
- Lifelong learner--you feel that there is always room to learn from those around you. Your curiosity listening skills, and approach to feedback are the key tools that enable you to grow.
- Independent and logical--you enjoy team work, but have no problem independently executing projects. You know when it’s critical to seek guidance during the project life cycle.
- You possess above average communications skills.
- You can juggle direction from multiple people.
- Comfortable working 100% remotely and being on Zoom and Slack for good parts of every day.
- Experience coordinating projects in a professional environment.
- Proficient in Salesforce or a similar CRM and Microsoft Suite with an emphasis on Power Point and Excel; Dropbox, Zoom, Canva and Doodle or G-Suite Scheduling tools.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
- Experience working with volunteers and small businesses.
REMOTE WORK TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must have full work-day access to a hi-speed Internet connection, a functioning web camera and computer that supports the most recent stable version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Microsoft Edge Chromium.
Competitive Daily Rate
HOW TO APPLY
Bpeace actively works to create an environment that encourages and fosters appropriate conduct among all persons and respect for individual values. We are committed to equal employment and volunteer opportunity without regard to age, ancestry, disability, national or ethnic origin, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, political belief, or veteran status. We recruit, develop and retain talent excited about building a community where we're all proud to belong.