This business wants to develop a plan to strategically position themselves in the Mexican market, specifically with businesses in the food manufacturing and dairy industries, then expand into North and South America.
What you will be doing:
With over 60 years in operation, this leading plastics packaging manufacturing business was the first plastics business in El Salvador. They produce a range of high-quality plastic packaging solutions and specialize in food-grade packaging for products such as meat, seafood, dairy, vegetables, beverages, and dry goods. They compete with large multi-national firms in the industry across Central America.
The business wants to develop a plan to strategically position themselves in the Mexican market, specifically with businesses in the food manufacturing and dairy industries, then expand into North and South America.
As a Bpeace volunteer Skillanthropist, you will use your B2B marketing and market entry experience to:
- Assess the business’s competitive advantages in the Mexican market and determine how best to position themselves to differentiate themselves from their competitors.
- Help the leadership team develop a marketing strategy and roadmap for the Mexican market including how to raise their visibility via targeted marketing approaches.
- Advise on the best B2B communications strategies will reach and resonate potential clients.
The impact of your work will help the business grow so they can continue to create jobs that provide dignity as well as economic stability to their workers and community as a powerful alternative to violence.
Over the course of three months you will:
- Validate needs with the business and draft a scope of work. Bpeace staff will facilitate the initial conversations between you and your “client.”
- Provide approximately 4 days of remote consulting advice delivered via weekly Zoom calls of approximately 2 hours each (preferably the same day/time each week), based on a schedule agreed upon between you and the business.
- On the final call, develop a Forward Action Plan in collaboration with the business with clear next steps.
More jobs are critical in El Salvador right now to help stem the flow of irregular migration. Small and medium businesses account for 60% of the economy. Steady employment provides legitimate alternatives for Salvadorans who would otherwise migrate or pursue illegal activities and gangs. Your advice and expertise will help these businesses create jobs and build a stable future for their workers and communities.
Where you will be doing it:
Remotely with a Bpeace staffer facilitating each consulting session to ensure engagement and continuity.
You are qualified if you:
- Have extensive knowledge of B2B marketing and communications strategies (Mexico-oriented experience preferred but not required)
- Can apply your experience to helping an established business reach new audiences in a new market.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge of best practices in international B2B marketing.
- Can volunteer approximately 4 days between December and March to be a remote business advisor.
- Harbor passion for business and/or creating jobs in economically fragile El Salvador.
Starting December 2021
Discovery: 4-6 hours remotely over the first 2-3 weeks via Zoom
Project Work: 5 days in El Salvador
Follow-up: 1 hour a month for up to 4 months
Please email us if you are interested in this volunteer opportunity!